LogiMAT 2024 in Stuttgart
Prof. Alice Kirchheim to join BEST PRODUCT jury
Munich, September 28, 2023—Dr. Alice Kirchheim, professor at Helmut Schmidt University / University of the Federal Armed Forces in Hamburg, will join the BEST PRODUCT jury as its newest member at the next LogiMAT Stuttgart in March 2024. There she will work alongside her six fellow jurors from the business and academic communities and industry press in reviewing and evaluating the submissions from exhibitors. The award honors top performers in three categories that have made a significant contribution to streamlining processes, cutting costs, and enhancing productivity in intralogistics. “I look forward to the opportunity as a member of the BEST PRODUCT jury to help enhance the visibility of innovative products for the intralogistics of the future,” says Kirchheim.
Alice Kirchheim researches and teaches the planning and design of logistics systems with a focus on the development of solutions for automating handling, transport, and transloading processes in logistics.
Prof. Kirchheim studied Computer Science and Engineering at the Technical University of Hamburg. After completion of her master’s degree, she first worked at the Bremen Institute for Production and Logistics at the University of Bremen and later at Reutlingen University as a research assistant. She wrote her Doctor of Engineering dissertation on the identification of break bulk cargo to facilitate automated container unloading. From 2013 to 2019, Dr. Kirchheim worked for different companies within the KION Group in various Sales roles for manual and automated logistics systems. She later worked as a professor at Aalen University. Since March 2021, she has helped establish the “Technology of Logistics Systems” department as a professor at Helmut Schmidt University in Hamburg.
1,832 characters (with spaces)
Munich, September 28, 2023—This text may be reprinted free of charge, but please send a copy to EUROEXPO Messe- und Kongress-GmbH, Press and Public Relations Department, 80912 Munich
The BEST PRODUCT award was initiated by the organizers of LogiMAT in order to draw attention to the outstanding achievements of the exhibitors, many of whom are small or medium-sized businesses. Over the years, the award has honored innovative products that have made a significant contribution to streamlining processes, cutting costs, and enhancing productivity in the internal logistics of businesses. The BEST PRODUCT award is presented in three categories:
- Software, communications, IT
- Order picking, conveying, lifting, and storing technology
- Identification, cargo securement, and packaging and loading technology
In the run-up to LogiMAT, an independent jury of scholars and journalists critically evaluates the submissions based on the aforementioned criteria, then selects the winners. The award has since been recognized as one of the most coveted distinctions in the intralogistics industry. Winners are presented with a certificate and a medal during the gala opening ceremony of LogiMAT.
Members of the BEST PRODUCT award jury:
- Prof. Johannes Fottner, Doctor of Engineering, Chair of the Institute for Materials Handling, Material Flow, Logistics at the Technical University of Munich (Jury President)
- Jan Kaulfuhs-Berger from the industry journal Technische Logistik
- Prof. Alice Kirchheim, Doctor of Engineering, Helmut Schmidt University / University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg
- Matthias Pieringer from the industry journal LOGISTIK HEUTE
- Prof. Wolf-Michael Scheid, Doctor of Engineering, Association of German Engineers, Society for Production and Logistics (VDI-GPL)
- Prof. Robert Schulz, Doctor of Engineering, University of Stuttgart, Institute of Mechanical Handling and Logistics (IFT)
- Tobias Schweikl from the industry journal LOGISTRA